|Provinces hosting human cases of H5N6|
Adapted from 
Click on image to enlarge.
The ever vigilant @FluTrackers (and their line lists, news posts and commentary) and the always alert @Fla_Medic (and his Avian Flu Diary blog) have these cases well covered.
I just wanted to make a summary here for my own reference in making some slides for a talk next month.
- ~23-April-2014. [1,4,5] 49-year old male (49M) from Nanchong City, Sichuan Province.
Acute severe pneumonia, died 5-May-2014
Exposed to dead poultry
- 3-December 2014.  58M from Guangzhou City in Guangdong province.
Critical condition in hospital since 9-Dec-2014
Exposed to live poultry but not ill contacts 
There have also been plenty of lethal animal infections by this and other highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI; referring specifically to the bird's outcome) subtypes and strains , including:
|From an OIE Report 21-Oct-2014. |
- 12,000 quails in Quang Nai Province, Vietnam in 18-Dec-2014
- 1,338 birds on a farm in Nanbu, Nanchoing City, Sichuan Province, China
- 20,550 (17,790 fatal) birds on a farm in Shuangcheng District, Heilongjiang Province, China, 23-Aug-2014
- Birds in Muang Nan and Muang Xayabouly Districts, Luang Prabang and Xayabouly Provinces, Laos in 12:14-Mar-2014
No sign of anything like sustained human-to-human transmission of this viral subtype to date. But another for the influenza virus Rubik's cube.
- UPDATE ON HIGHLY PATHOGENIC AVIAN INFLUENZA IN ANIMALS (TYPE H5 and H7) from the Office International des Epizooties (OIE), otherwise known as the World Organisation for Animal Health