|Click to enlarge. A scale schematic of the first |
MERS-CoV genome, EMC/2012.
Usually (and hopefully soon), I would get the entire batch using a search of KF600612:KF600656[ACCN] at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore. They seem to have to be downloaded manually for now.
The list of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus sequences with their date of collection (DOC) includes:
- KF600612, Riyadh_1_2012 ; 30,063nt
- KF600613, Riyadh_3_2013; 30,064nt
- KF600614, Al-Hasa_10e_2013; 2,151nt
- KF600615, Al-Hasa_14a_2013; 6,673nt
- KF600616, Al-Hasa_13b_2013; 3,787nt
- KF600617, Al-Hasa_22a_2013; 2,102nt
Most are from cases in Al-Ahsa (adding to the previous 4), as well as from Riyadh, Buraidah and Hafr-Al-Batin
In case you read otherwise, there are no obvious signs of recombination among these viral sequences.
Thanks to @Sarah_E_Smith1 for announcing location on GenBank ahead of the Lancet paper.